These new laser technologies are able to go beyond your natural tooth-color in certain cases. Goto section on laser systems for more details on the laser machines used at our clinics.
Benefits of Laser Tooth Whitening
- Fast and gentle whitening system. The laser whitening treatment is completed within one visit in about one hour
- More efficient laser energy allows for faster treatment time and less post-procedure sensitivity compared to other in-office whitening treatments
- No need to wear the tray over night as used in at-home whitening systems
- Accredited by FDA and CE
Laser Based Whitening
Non-Laser Based Whitening
The laser machine's laser wavelength output is sychronized to the specially blended whitening gel. This increases efficiency and minimizes the amount of energy required to produce maximum whitening. This effectively shortens treatment times, increases effectiveness and eliminates the heating of teeth that can result in post-operative sensitivity.
Ordinary non-laser whitening systems require longer treatment times and higher energy output becuase of their inefficiencies. Non-laser whitening devices use a smaller percentage of the polychromatic light's energy. The rest of the energy is wasted as heat and, which is absorbed by the teeth and adjacent tissues. This results in infra-operative and post-operative sensitivity.
Procedure for Laser Tooth Whitening Treatment
- First Evaluation and pre-whitening tooth shade selection
- the pre-whitening tooth shade is selected from array of tooth-shaped porcelain tabs for post-treatment comparison
- professional dental scaling and polishing is usally done before the bleaching treatment is performed, but it is optional if the patient's teeth is already cleaned
- Isolate Teeth to be Whitened
- A dental dam is placed to isolate teeth and prevent the whitening agent from irritating or damaging soft oral tissues
- Place Eye Protection for protection
- Apply whitening gel
- teeth is dried and the bleaching compound applied
- Expose whitening gel to laser light
- the whitening gel is activated using a laser light source. This "activation" shortens the needed treatment time and/or makes the whitener more effective
- Leave whitening gel for a prescribed time
- Remove whitening gel
- the whitening gel and dental dam is washed and suctioned off
- Determine Post-bleaching Tooth Shade
- after the bleaching treatment has been completed, a shade evaluation is done to see how much whitening is achieve
Some people who undergo in-office whitening may experience some sensitivity in their teeth. This sensitivity should be gone within 1-2 days. Sensitivity from at home whitening will dissipate after a 1-2 day rest between whitening applications.
Postcare Instructions for Laser Tooth Whitening
- Avoid consuming color-staining foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, red wine, coke, etc. as well as smoking for at least one week
- Proper oral hygiene care should be carried out to maintain and avoid diminished whitening results
- If experiencing some sensitivity in teeth after laser tooth whitening
- Avoid hot, cold or acidic food and beverages
- Pain medication be taken as directed as long as there is no medical contradiction based upon your medical history
- Use flouride rinse and toothpaste for sensivity teeth
Care for Tooth Whitened Teeth
imply follow good oral hygiene practices:
- Brush at least twice a day. It is good practice to brush after eating and before bedtime.
- Floss at least once to twice a day.
- Rinse with fluoride rinse before bed. Swish the fluoride rinse vigorously in your mouth for at least one minute. Do not swallow any of the rinse and do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes
- Be careful about chewing toffees, gum, grainy rolls and tough food in this area
- See your dentist for regular professional check-ups and cleanings
Considerations to Laser Teeth Whitening
Most of our Laser teeth whitening patients experience little or no side effects during this teeth whitening process. Some individuals do however get some sensitivity in teeth post teeth whitening but this does go away within the first few days.
Laser Tooth Whitening may not for everyone. Women who are nursing or pregnant should avoid having laser teeth whitening for that duration of period as a precautionary measure.
People who are sensitive to light should not undergo the laser teeth whitening. Laser teeth whitening will work only on natural teeth, thus exisiting prosthetics (such as crowns, bridges, veneers, fillings) will not be whitened. The degree of whiteness with which laser teeth whitening whitens teeth will vary with each individuals. If patients would like a guareented shade of whiteness, porcelain veneers are an alternative whereby your specified shade of whiteness may be selected.
Related Information to Laser Teeth Whitening
Goto section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Teeth Whitening
Goto section on Home Bleaching
Goto section on Zoom Tooth Whitening and Laser Tooth Whitening
Goto section on Tooth Whitening Fees
Goto website on Tooth Whitening in Thailand