Dental Services : Cosmetic Dentistry : Dental Veneers : Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers or laminates are wafer-thin, custom-made shells constructed from porcelain material. These natural-looking laminates are placed over the front surface of teeth to improve tooth appearance.
As a top dental aesthetic center, BIDC has its own dedicated on-site dental lab. Porcelain veneers are made on-site within our digital dental lab. This allows your treatment to be faster with shorter treatment timings. With the combination of digital dentistry, the concept of Digital Smile Design (DSD) for smile makeovers with porcelain veneers has been transformed.
Types of porcelain veneers brand and system include:
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Gum tissue tolerates with porcelain well
- Color shades of ceramic veneers can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter
- Multiple layering technique by your lab technician can be done to create the natural-looking shine and dept of natural teeth
- Stronger in material as compared to composite veneers
Procedure for Porcelain Veneers Treatment
- First evaluation and tooth preparation
- Your dentist confirms the treatment plan for porcelain veneers with you
- Local anesthesia is adminstered on request and as required
- Natural teeth is reshaped to receive the ceramic veneer
- Records are taken and approved with you to determine the color, bite, length and shape
- An impression is taken for a replica model of the teeth
- This model is sent to a lab where the individualized porcelain laminate is fabricated
- Temporaries are placed on whilst the permanent porcelain veneer to be made in the lab
- Fitting of veneer on delivery
- The temporary veneer is removed
- The permanent ceramic veneer is fitted and cemented into place on the teeth
- A quality assurance check is done for any re-adjustments or re-works
- Care of the veneer
- Brush and floss the veneer as recommended by your dentist or dental hygienist
The procedure for composite veneers differs from that of porcelain veneers. Composite veneers are applied directly on teeth without laboratory work.
The gums may have some minor tenderness for a couple days after the procedure. Some individuals may experience sensitivity in teeth. This sensitivity will disappear gradually over a few days to weeks.
Postcare Instructions for Porcelain Veneers
- Avoid chewing on or eating hard foods on the restorations for 24 hours from the time they were cemented
- To help with discomfort or swelling rinse your mouth 3xd with warm salt water. (1tsp. of salt in 8oz of water)
- Keep crown area clean to maintain tissue compatibility (the contour of the prosthesis must allow the surrounding tissue to conform to a natural, healthy position)
- Some sensitivity in teeth may be experienced by certain patients. This sensitivity will disappear gradually over a few days to weeks. If teeth are sensitive
- Avoid hot, cold or acidic food and beverages
- Pain medication be taken as directed as long as there is no medical contradiction based upon your medical history
- Use flouride rinse and toothpaste for sensivity teeth
- Clean teeth properly
Digital Smile Design (DSD)
BIDC cosmetic dental clinic offers the latest in digital dentistry for smile makeovers using Digital Smile Design (DSD). Our team of cosmetic dentists composes of DSD master experts and an on-site dental lab for shorter and more effective treatment timings.
Digital Smile Design (DSD) is a digital dentistry concept that uses computer aided software and intra-oral scanner to customized your porcelain veneers for your smile.
Digital Smile Design
BIDC thailand dental clinic has won awards as a top dental asethetic provider within the Asia Pacific region.
Related Information to Porcelain Veneers
Goto back to Porcleain Veneers and Dental Crowns
Goto section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Dental Crowns
Goto section on Crown Types Zirconia Lava Crowns, Cercon Crowns, IPS Empress Crowns, Zirconia Procera Crowns
Goto section on BIDC Patient Video Testimonials for Dental Crowns
Goto section on Dental Makeover Promotions
Goto section on BIDC Dental Makeover Patient Cases
Goto section on Cosmetic Dentistry
Goto section on Dental Bridge
Goto section on Dental Veneers