Benefits Gingivectomy and Gingivoplasty
- Diseased gum tissue are removed to control periodontal disease, reduce pocket depth and improve surrounding supporting structures around teeth.
- With better gums, this improves ability to maintain good hygiene and oral health.
- Existing teeth and bone are maintained and saved from diseased gums.
- For certain individuals with gummy smiles, removing excess gum tissue and exposing more of your teeth can improve the appearance of their smiles.
- Gingivoplasty reshapes gums to improve functions, such as to prevent cavities or improve chewing function.